Amethyst Wellness in Palm Coast, Fl is pleased to offer skin rejuvenation through Microneedling. This treatment generates new collagen and skin tissue for smoother, firmer, more toned skin. Microneedling is mostly used on the face and may treat wrinkles, large pores and scars.
What is it?
Microneedling (or collagen induction therapy), is the insertion of very fine short needles into the skin for a minimal invasive skin rejuvenation procedure. The micro-injuries that are created stimulate and boost the body’s natural wound healing process resulting in a faster cell turnover rate. This stimulates collagen and elastin production, fills in fine lines, plumps the skin, and minimizes acne scars with the absorbtion of 3% Hylauronic Acid, Growth Factors, and Peptides.
Recommended treatment regimen: 6-10 treatments in 7-10 day intervals.
Is it painful?
The pain level for this procedure is considered to be mild. We are able to provide a more comfortable treatment because we take the extra time (45 minutes) to use a topical numbing cream of 5% lidocaine. Everyone has a different pain threshold and response to anesthetics. The feeling of the treatment is described as a microdermabrasion or sandpaper being rubbed across the treatment area.
Who should avoid it?
- Not suitable for the following skin conditions: Active acne, eczema, psoriasis, actinic (solar) keratosis, warts, raised keloids, or have a history or keloids.
- Woman who are pregnant or nursing
- Those who are on Accutane must wait 6 months after completion of treatment to receive microneedling.
- If you have an active sunburn or tan.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Omega 3s, or Ibuprofen 24 hours before.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun. If you have color of any kind (spray tan included), you will be asked to reschedule.
- Do not drink coffee, energy drinks, or alcohol on day of treatment.
- Avoid any laser procedures on face.
- Avoid topical agents that may increase sensitivity of skin: retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs, BHAs, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide 4-5 days prior.
During my visit what should I expect?
A typical Microneedling appointment lasts 1 hour. Here is what you can expect:
- Consultation discussing treatment plan.
- Skin will be cleansed.
- Topical numbing cream will be applied: This takes approximately 30-40 minutes to take effect.
- Microneedling will begin.
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Avoid sun exposure for 48 hours
- Wait 24-48 hours to apply sunscreen. Post procedure, the skin channels are completely open and any toxins contained in topical applications may be harmful to you.
- Avoid the use of makeup for 24-48 hours
- Avoid sweating for 24 hours
- Do not go swimming for 24 hours
- Try not to take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil for 1 week. This may interfere with the natural inflammatory process.
- Do not use any “active ingredient” skin products. For example, Alpha Hydroxyl acid, Salicylic acid, or Retinols for 24 hours.
- Do not ice face, this may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin’s rejuvenation.
- Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness.